Construction of a new multifunctional aquatic complex with two main sections: an aquatic section on the ground floor and a dance and community section on the 1st floor.
The aquatic section includes:
– 1 semi-Olympic sports pool of 625 m2 (10 lanes), 4 springboards and 2 platforms
– 1 recreational pool of 400 m2 composed of a play area including a hydraulic brake slide and composed of another area including 4 lanes
– Bleachers to accommodate 200 people facing the sports pool
The dance and community section includes:
– 4 dance studios with high quality equipment and various floor surfaces adapted according to the dance styles. The studios have superior soundproofing qualities.
– 1 multifunctional room with a capacity of 280 people and divisible into 3 sections
– 1 catering area
The other spaces include:
– 1 entrance hall opened on the 2 floors
– 3 changing rooms (men, women & universal) with a capacity of 400 people
– Administrative offices
– A sculptural work by artist Laurent Gagnon
The architecture of the building is distinguished by its exterior envelope, its large windows and its infrastructure respecting standards in terms of accessibility and sustainable development.
During the works, the different phases involved soil improvement (dynamic compaction), challenges related to the construction of the hybrid structure of wood and steel as well as an excellent coordination from our team for the implementation of mechanical elements. Finally, we proceeded with the exterior fittings during the last phase of the project.
City of Levis
1065, route des Rivières, Lévis